In California, the probate process is a legal proceeding that occurs after someone passes away. It involves the court overseeing the administration of the deceased person’s estate and distribution of their assets to beneficiaries. The probate process generally includes:
- Filing a petition with the court to begin the probate process
- Notifying heirs, creditors, and beneficiaries of the probate proceedings
- Identifying and inventorying the deceased person’s assets
- Paying any debts and taxes owed by the deceased person and the estate
- Distributing the remaining assets to the beneficiaries as directed by the deceased person’s will, or by the court if there is no will.
The California probate process is complex, non-intuitive, and time-consuming, and it’s generally recommended to seek the assistance of an experienced probate attorney to help navigate the process.
Give us a call at (951) 226-5294 or drop us an email at email@example.com